SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#126565 - 01/01/06 06:21 PM an idea for "capturing" & sharing Peter Baartman movie
cwalkeralso Offline

Loc: State of Washington, US
*** This post is now irrelevant, as Jacky-D (see Peter Baartmans T2 Movie thread) has already done what I recommend here, but with FREE Windows Media Encoder. Still, Camtasia Studio is a very fine program! ***

Those of us who are still using dialup can't see the Peter Baartmans' quicktime streaming video. I have an idea how someone with highspeed MIGHT be able to help us "less fortunate souls" -- through Screen Capture. QT streaming video is not "recordable." However, there are programs to capture all that occurs in a "selected" rectangular area of one's screen, and save it to various formats.

One such program is CapturePad, found at http://www.capturepad.com/ . While the program only costs $25, it purports to have a FREE 14-day FULL FUNCTIONALITY demo. If I read it right, it would allow capturing the QT video stream (with audio) to AVI format.

A much more sophisticated program to do screen capture is Camtasia Studio at $299, but with a FREE 30-day FULL FUNCTIONALITY demo. It captures audio and video at HIGH QUALITY in a variety of formats. It is available at: http://www.techsmith.com/download/freetrials.asp

THIS TECHNIQUE WILL WORK! I've used Camtasia Studio to "screen capture" portions of a DVD playing on my computer. We're talking smooth full-motion video and high quality audio. It was easy to do, and worked great!

The captured movie could then be posted somewhere for download by interested parties. Or maybe it could be posted to yousendit.com (1GB file-size limit).

Anybody interested in giving it a go?

Charles

[This message has been edited by cwalkeralso (edited 01-02-2006).]

[This message has been edited by cwalkeralso (edited 01-02-2006).]

#126566 - 01/01/06 06:23 PM Re: an idea for "capturing" & sharing Peter Baartman movie
cwalkeralso Offline

Loc: State of Washington, US
If anyone knows of any other way of capturing a QT streaming video, I would appreciate knowing about it.

Charles

[This message has been edited by cwalkeralso (edited 01-01-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online